Wisconsin Vehicle Emissions Testing in Waukesha, WI

WIVIP Logo.jpg

Griffin Ford is an official State of Wisconsin vehicle emissions testing facility

No one likes to get those postcards in the mail notifying you that your vehicle need's it's registration renewal and ALSO needs to have it's emissions tested first. The good news is Griffin Ford is here to help. Now, we can do your vehicle emissions test for you while you wait in our customer waiting area. No appointment necessary!!


Q: What is the cost for the test?

A:  There is no cost for this test. Just as before, you simply bring in your vehicle and our fully-trained staff will test it free of charge. We will tell you whether you pass or fail at that time as well.

Q: When can I bring my car in for testing?

A: Griffin Ford performs emissions testing Monday and Wednesday from 7:30am - 7:00pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30am - 5:00pm and Saturday from 8:30am - 11:30am.

Q: Do I need an appointment to have my car tested?

A: You do not need an appointment.  Simply drive in during the hours listed above.

Q: How long does the test take?
A: The test itself takes about 10 minutes and is performed while you wait in our comfortable new customer lounge. Although we cannot always get everyone in right away, we do our best to get you in and out as quick as we can.

Q: What will be done to my car?

A: The OBD II test consists of verifying that the vehicle's check engine light is working and communicating with your vehicle's on-board computer.

Q: Can I renew my registration right away or do I have to mail it in?

A: You can renew your registration at Griffin Ford as well, even if you do not need an emissions test.

Q: How far in advance can I get my emissions tested? 

A: Any vehicle can be tested up to 180 days before the expiration of the registration.

Q: What if my car fails? 

A: If your vehicle fails, you will need to have it repaired and brought back for re-inspection. We are happy to help you if you need repairs, but you are free to have it repaired wherever you see fit.

Q: What should I bring with me? 
A: Testing requires either the renewal notice, title, or registration.

Q: What if I lost my renewal notice? 
A: You can visit www.dot.wisconsin.gov to print your renewal notice.

true true AdChoices
; ;